Have you made your travel plans for the year? If you’re at a loss of what to do, you MUST attend the Chicago Travel and Adventure show this weekend. Not only can you plan your next vacation/staycation for the year, but you’ll be surprised to find other things to do. Here’s why you’ll want to visit the #ChicagoTravelShow this weekend:
- So. Many. Options. With over 250 exhibitors, you’re bound to find your latest vacation destination.
- Travel icons you all know and love. Head to the Travel Theater to see and hear Rick Steves (Writer and Host, Rick Steves Europe and Travel with Rick Steves), Samantha Brown (Host, Places to Love with Samantha Brown), and Pauline Frommer (Editorial Director, Frommer’s Guides)
- New exhibitors. Even if you’ve been before, you’ll see 75 first-time exhibitors including MSC Cruises, Amazing Tanzania, Safari Legacy, China Adventure Tours, Best of Costa Rica, Balmoral Resort Orlando, Gosheni Safaris, Palau Visitors Authority, Visit Tucson, JorAfrica and many more.
- Unique experiences. Want to give scuba diving a try? They provide the scuba gear, just bring your towel and swimsuit. You can even ride a Segway.
- Meet animals! Imagine trekking through the Sahara desert while riding a camel The animals are actually rescues from Jo Don Farms, an Animal Rescue Facility.
- Watch cultural performances and even get to learn a few new dance steps. At the Global Beats Stage, you’ll find interactive performances rotating throughout the day and provide a sneak peek into a diverse range of customs and cultures. You’ll find classical Indian dancing, Thai cultural performances, and more.
- Vacation giveaways. If you’re feeling lucky, don’t forget to enter to win a vacation. How about a two-week trip for two to Columbia? Or a Peru Explorer vacation?
- Easy on the pockets. Kids 16 and under are FREE.
Where: Donald E. Stephens Convention Center, 5555 N River Rd., Rosemont
When: Saturday, January 12 and Sunday, January 13, 2019
Time: Saturday 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.; Sunday, 11 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Tickets: Attendees can (for a limited time) purchase tickets (single day $11 or both days for $18) online now for the discounted rate with promo code: CHPR19. On-site tickets can be purchased with cash only for $15 for a single day or $22 for both days. Children 16 and under are free.
What or who are you looking forward to seeing?