Morton Arboretum is such a fun place to visit during the warm weather months, but there’s still fun things to do during the winter. One event that we were happy to check out their Enchanted Railroad exhibit.
When: Now until February 22, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. on weekdays and 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. weekends
Where: The Morton Arboretum, 4100 Illinois Route 53, Lisle
Tickets: General Admission (December through March 31, 2015) nonmember admission rates to The Morton Arboretum are $9 for adults ages 18-64, $8 for seniors ages 65 and over, $6 for children ages 2-17 and free for children under age 2. Train exhibit is included in general admission fees.
Parking: Free with admission
- The exhibit divided into 4 seasons – my favorite was the Fall section with skeletons and mini leaves strewn about
- Trains are placed two feet from the ground so that the youngins’ can see the trains chug around easily.
Tips to enjoy the Morton Arboretum’s Enchanted Railroad
- Pick up your free timed entry ticket at the Visitors Center.
- There are some chairs located around the perimeter of the room.
- Stroller parking is located outside
- We spent about 30 minutes, and would be worth it if you plan ahead of time to explore the rest of the Arboretum or come for a special event. We visited when they had their Chocolate Expo so we were able to grab a few samples of chocolate.
- Can get crowded. The train exhibit is located in one large room and there’s not alot of room to move.
Any afternoon spent with the company of trains is always a hit with the kiddos. To make the most of the trip, check the Arboretum’s schedule for any other events happening that day.