Disclosure: This is a sponsored blog post. I was not required to express a particular point of view, and all opinions are my own.
As a family always on the go, we sometimes need quick and easy meals before hangry kids (and parents) emerge. Since we haven’t visited in ages, I thought it would be a great time to visit Steak ‘n Shake since kids could eat free on weekends. Gotta save money any way we can, right? We were pleasantly surprised by our visit and have added Steak ‘n Shake to our short list of places to eat with the kids. It’s a great kid-friendly option that won’t break the bank.
Read all about our visit, then enter to WIN a $50 gift card to try it out with your family!
Highlights of Steak ‘n Shake:
- Cool, diner atmosphere. The kids have never stepped foot into Steak ‘n Shake, and they immediate gravitated towards the claw machine and gumball machines. A good sign, in their opinion, of good things to come. I liked the old school diner vibe with the red, black, and white color scheme.
- Everything is made fresh to order. It was neat watching them cook the food right in front of us.
- Kids are kept busy. Not only do they provide a coloring sheet (with their kids menu), but if you ask they’ll give you a cardboard activity that folds into a cruiser.
- Yummy food. The kids devoured their meals (chicken tender, hot dog, and steakburger) from the kids menu. I was surprised to find the steakburger a pretty good sized portion even though it was for kids. My husband and I were also pleasantly surprised by our burgers. My Portobello ‘N Swiss Steakburger was so delicious. I had a bite of my husband’s White Truffle Steakburger on a brioche bun and their Truffle Aioli sauce was insanely good. He also ordered the original double steakburger that he obviously loved because he ordered it twice. Everything was great!
- Proper-sized milkshakes. You cannot go to Steak ‘n Shake without ordering milkshakes. Parents will appreciate the kid-sized milkshakes and the huge glass for regular grownups.
We’re so glad to have visited, and now we have another kid-friendly restaurant option. We’ll definitely be back on the weekends when the kids can eat free.
Tips to enjoy Steak ‘ Shake:
- Head to this website to learn more about their Kids Eat Free promotion on the weekend. For every $9 spent, you get a free kids meal.
- Visit during their happy hour every weekday from 2 p.m. to 5 p.m. when they offer half off milkshakes.
Stay tuned for more places where Kids Eat Free!
Giveaway Nitty Gritty:
Here’s your chance to try Steak ‘n Shake. With over 500 locations nationwide, you’ll bound to find one close to you. I will be giving away a $50 gift card to Steak ‘n Shake. Winner will be notified by email and will have 48 hours to respond. Contest ends at July 3, 2018, at 12:00 a.m.