As a mother, I’m always striving to provide my kids healthy food with enough nutrients. When the opportunity came to try the Kids Smart High DHA Fish Oil Chewable Burstlets, I was excited and curious. A fish oil that doesn’t taste “fishy?” For kids? Sign me up! Find out what we thought about these burstlets.
Disclosure: I received this product for free from Moms Meet (momsmeet.com) to use and post my honest opinions. Compensation for this post was provided and this page may contain affiliate links.
Why we need fish oil
- Fish oil helps support and maintain health: healthy brain function, eye health, and nervous system health, learning, healthy behavior and temperament in some children.
- It provides 2 essential omega-3 fatty acids (DHA and EPA) that our body cannot produce. It can only be found in food or supplements that we consume.
- Kids Smart Fish Oil contains 133 mg of DHA fish oil. This is higher amount than anything on the market. In fact, that’s about 10x more fish oil than other kids’ supplements.
Highlights of the Kids Smart High DHA Fish Oil Chewable Burstlets
- Fun! With kids you know that appearances matter. My kids adored the fishy shaped.
- Pretty good. Since it’s similar to a gummy with its berry flavor, eating these burstlets is definitely better than eating regular fish oil.
- Different ways to eat it. Let the burstlet dissolve in your mouth or twist off the tail and squeeze the liquid onto food or directly in their mouth.
- Allergy friendly. The burstlets are gluten free and also do not contain yeast, wheat, or dairy.
- Still fishy taste. My younger two still felt that there was a fishy taste. On the other hand, my oldest loves it and always asks if he can have more! Go figure.
Tips to enjoy Kids Smart Fish Oil
- .Store it in a place 80 degrees or cooler. No refrigeration necessary
- Only for kids ages 3 and up
The Kids Smart High DHA Fish Oil Chewable Burstlets is definitely a great alternative to eating regular fish oil. If you’re not used to taking fish oil, it may take a few tries for picky eaters to get used to. Once they’re accustomed to the taste, they will love it! I love that this burstlet contains more essential fish oils than others found in the market.
Cost: A 30-count bottle retails for $9.99 and a 180-count bottle retails for $54.99. BUT you can save 20% if you use this code: 20MM20KS