We always love going to The Abbey Resort, whether it’s to visit just for a special event, or even better, to stay there and relax. We usually time our stays to coincide with the holidays like their Christmas Celebration since there’s always something fun brewing. One thing’s for sure – there’s always something happening for families. On our latest visit, we visited on Mother’s Day where we celebrated with family activities, a little pampering, and delicious eats.
- As I have mentioned before one of the best parts about The Abbey is all the fun activities planned for kids and families. This time around we saw that pizza making and a movie were being offered. How could we resist? My 4 year old and 3 year old are fans of pizza (of course) and have started showing interest in how things are made. My kiddos had a great time making their own pizz from rolling the dough to adding toppings. I wish I could have taken a photo of the finished pizza but we inhaled it while watching “How to Train a Dragon 2. This was such a fun activity and delicious I may add!
- Lots of activities were planned for Mother’s Day weekend including a petting zoo. I wasn’t too sure if the petting zoo would still happen given the crummy outdoor weather. Luckily, The Abbey decided to bring the petting zoo indoors. My little one was enamored with allthe farm animals
- Other activities like bags, crafts, face painting and balloon were available. All of them were free (including the awesome ninja turtle balloon!)
- I was able to escape for a little bit to enjoy a relaxing spa pedicure. Such friendly staff!
- The sunlit atrium pool with whirlpool was basically all mine! Magazines, strawberry water, and beverages were waiting for me.
- A heavenly whirlpool in the women’s locker room
Although 240 West, formerly known as Fontana Grill, may have changed their name, it still has its ideal location sporting the gorgeous panoramic harbor views. They changed their look slightly and updated their menu to reflect a “contemporary, Midwestern vibe that ranges from sharable small plates packed with flavor, to expected entrees served with a twist…” The addition of a private wine room and updated entrance, are some of the newer changes to 240 West.
- It was Mother’s Day and to accommodate one of their busiest brunch days, the food stations were located in a separate room. And oh my goodness – so much food! Carving stations, bread, different kinds of egg benedicts, salad, waffle stations, so much!
- A nice kiddie table with food with the table low enough for the shorties to grab food. My kids loved the mini jello shots and carrot sticks in ranch (so cute!)
- The dessert table looked oh-so-sweet!
- Who can resist a chocolate fountain? Not us!
- Highly rated! 240 West just received Open Table’s Diners’ Choice awards
as “Best of Lake Geneva” restaurant.
Tips to Enjoy The Abbey Resort and Avani Spa and 240 West
- Make a weekend out of it. Check their website for more fun packages during holidays. They always have something fun brewing! For instance, during Memorial Day weekend they will offer a Luminary Tribute to our nation’s fallen heroes, ice cream sundae bar, a Mad Science show, and even a fun 1k and 2k race with an appearance by the resort’s mascot Abbey the St. Bernanrd at the finish line.
The Abbey Resort never disappoints. It seems as if we always find something new to do. We can’t wait until we come back!
Location: 269 Fontana Blvd. Fontana, WI 53125; minutes away from Lake Geneva
Avani Spa Pass is $25 or included with a spa service of over $50
Read my entire review on
Disclosure: Our family was provided a complimentary stay and meal at The Abbey Resort. I was not required to express a particular point of view, and all opinions are my own.