Disclosure: Our family was provided a complimentary stay at the Blue Harbor Resort. I was not required to express a particular point of view, and all opinions are my own.
My family and I had an opportunity to escape to Blue Harbor Resort in Sheboygan, Wisconsin. We had a fabulous time and am happy to say we have found a new favorite place to escape to.
Location: 725 Blue Harbor Drive, Sheboygan, Wisconsin. Food, shopping, a charming downtown area – all located within a few minutes.
Check-in and Check-out: 11 a.m. and 4 p.m.
Parking: Plenty of free parking.
- Located about an hour north of Milwaukee, right by the lake
- Cute downtown area located a few minutes away
We were lucky enough to be upgraded to Presidential Suite. Along with a master bedroom with jacuzzi, we had 3 other bedrooms, a kitchen, dining room, and living room with two sleeper sofas. We had TONS of room (maybe even too much!) for the boys to move around.
- Spacious bathrooms with nice toiletries. Our master bathroom had a shower with two showerheads! So awesome!
- Gotta love the free wi-fi for the always-connected mommy
- Just like many of the sites, our room had a full kitchen – fridge, oven, dishwasher, and even a Keurig! All the necessities for families.
- Spacious living room with two sleeper sofas and fireplace. Loved the sunshine pouring in through the oversized windows in the morning.
- Loved that there are kid-themed suites such as a boathouse suite or aquarium suite. Really cool rooms that included bunk beds, microwave, and mini-fridge. When we come back, we’ll definitely check these out!
- Loved the open lobby and the amazing view from the fourth floor
- Friendly staff – from the moment we checked we were greeted by the friendliest people.
- Location right by the lake – especially with the lakeside walking/jogging path
- Loved that I was able to get some much needed “mommy” time at their spa, Reflections Spa. My prenatal massage was relaxing and so was my pedicure. Believe me, you will leave relaxed!
Breakers Bay highlights
- It was so relaxing floating on their Lazy River – it wasn’t too short or too long
- Two fun areas where my tots could splash away.They loved the mini shipwreck area with zero depth entry and spray features.
- Not staying at the resort? No worries, passes are included with accommodations, and even passes are sold to the public.
- …the weather would have been warmer. We would have loved to walk or jog along the lakeside path.
- …the fitness center was larger. Not a huge deal since we were kept busy with other things!
Whenever we’re in need of an escape, we’ll definitely head back to Blue Harbor Resort. The accommodations are perfect for families (and mommies that need a little time for themselves), plus they have a waterpark that the kids loved!