This summer has been a blast and of course we’ve done our share of playground hopping. One of the newest parks to hit the Northern Suburbs is Heritage Park in Wheeling. Plenty of fun for everyone!
Looking for more summer fun? Find more fun things to add to your ultimate summer bucket list.
Getting Started at Heritage Park
We plugged in the address in our GPS and found the park easily. There is a huge parking lot with plenty of parking.
Highlights of Heritage Park:
There are two different playgrounds – one for the younger set and one for those a little bit older. Besides that, there are lots of other equipment sprinkled around to keep the kids entertained.
Spinning Net Climber
My kids always gravitate to those things that spin so once they spied the spinning net climber they were all over it. This must have been their favorite piece of equipment.
My kids absolute love the built-in hills with the slides. One of them is a roller slide so obviously it was even more fun.
They have a few unique options for those that love to swing: fun saucer swings, a double swing where two people face other.
Good to Know
- There is a paved walking path throughout the park.
- There are 4 Baseball/Softball Fields, Soccer Fields
- Hardly any shade except a couple trees.
- Pack a picnic and enjoy it picnic shelter.
- There are real bathrooms!
- During winter, there is an outdoor ice skating rink
Final Thoughts of Heritage Park
Make sure to add this to your playground bucket list. It was definitely one of our favorite parks we’ve been to this summer!
While You’re Here
- Get coffee at Coffeessions. Kids can hang out and play games while you enjoy your cup.
- Getting hungry? Go to Spears for amazing burgers, beer or whiskey flights, and one of the largest cotton candy around.
- Cool off at the waterpark adjacent to the playground.
Address: 100 Community Boulevard, Wheeling, Illinois