This summer has been a blast and of course we’ve done our share of playground hopping. One of the newest parks to hit the Northwest Suburbs is Commissioners’ Park in Streamwood. Plenty of fun for everyone!
Looking for more summer fun? Find more fun things to add to your ultimate summer bucket list.
Getting Started at Commissioners’ Park
We plugged in the address in our GPS and found the park easily. They have their own parking lot and it was plentiful.
Highlights of Commissioners’ Park:
Obstacle courses are always so much fun. This one was no exception. There were just a few things that my 7-year-old couldn’t do, but she did try them. Love the astroturf too!
My kids loved racing each other to see who was the fastest.
There are two different playgrounds – one for the younger set and one for those a little bit older. The kids had a blast going up and down the tall structure.
In addition to the two playgrounds, there is also a climbing net. That’s always a hit! The four-person seesaw was a huge hit as well as this spinning contraption.
Good to Know
- There are basketball courts, football field, soccer fields, and tennis courts.
- Hardly any shade except a couple trees.
- Pack a picnic and enjoy it underneath the pavilion.
- There are real bathrooms!
- They do have a type of mommy and me swing.
Final Thoughts of Commissioners’ Park
Make sure to add this to your playground bucket list. It was definitely one of our favorite parks we’ve been to this summer!
While You’re Here
- Our fav pizza spot serving NY style pizza, Garibaldi’s is not too far away. Pro tip: On Mondays and Tuesdays, they offer two XL pizzas for $24!
- Play disc golf at Shady Oaks Park located just a few minutes away. There’s also a small playground.
Address: 81 Linda Lane, Streamwood, IL