One of our favorite parks in the area is Huntley Park District’s Discovery Zone at Deicke Park. All the moms in the northwest suburbs know about this park. And it’s taken me this long to finally write a post about it. It’s a hidden gem for sure, but I think all moms deserve to get to know this park a little better.
- Imaginative play. The kids enjoyed going to jail, but there are other buildings like the Dairy Mart.
- Play structure. Located towards the back of the park is the playground equipment. Older kids tend to gravitate to this area. There are slides (even those slides with rollers), apparatuses to climb, and a bus that rocks back and forth.
- Firetrucks and trains! Little kids will love the train and firetruck play structure. Little conductors can even turn on the train signal.
- A fun music area. The center of the Zone has things kids can hit and touch creating music all around.
- Gated. One less thing to worry about.
- Test your b-ball skills. This was a fun area with hoops in various heights.
- Sand and water play area. Always a hit with the kids.
- Rubber turf. We love our playgrounds with rubber turf and this is no exception.
- Make your own masterpiece. Don’t forget to bring chalk!
- Parents can sit back and hang out. They were a few swings like this.
- Tables and chairs. Loved that there were tables and chairs located throughout. Perfect for a picnic!
- They had more equipment for older kids. They do have another playground in the Deicke Park that we haven’t been to yet. Will need to check that out!
- Pack a lunch and sit at the tables.
- If you want to eat out, drive a few minutes down Rt. 47 and hit up The Dairy Mart.
- Bring a change of clothes if your kids cannot resist the sand area. Because sand + water = messy (but happy) kids.
- Visit later. We stopped by after dinner and basically the Zone was ours. Whenever we visit, it’s always busy.
Location: 11419 S. Rt. 47, Huntley. Once you turn into the street, make a quick left turn.
Parking: They have their own parking lot.
Stroller-friendly? I’ve brought strollers here before as there are places to park it without it being in the way. I’ve always found to wear a baby the best way to go though.
Food: No food available for purchase, but tables are available. Bring food and have a little picnic!
Crowded: We visited on a Friday morning when the kids were off school and it was very busy.