Who’s looking to make some extra spending cash? With the aftermath of the holidays, I’m sure everyone could use a little something extra. If you’re in the Chicagoland area, I have a great opportunity to make some money without taking too much of your time. (I’m talking an hour or two!) Focus Pointe Global is looking for a few people to complete a few focus group studies in the Chicagoland area. Scroll down to sign up and get all the details!
Disclosure: The is a sponsored post in partnership with Focus Pointe Global. All opinions expressed are my own.
What is a focus group?
Never participated in a focus group before? A focus group is typically a gathering of a selected group of people who participate in a planned discussion to voice their opinions on a product, service, or idea. Companies use the input from the group to help gain insight on a product or service that has released or will release in the future. Not all focus groups occur in person. In fact, some can be completed online. There are also a few different research types:
- Taste test: Try a product to eat or drink, and give your opinion on how it tastes.
- Product Placement: Use the product and then provide input on how the product performed.
- Online Community: A participant is part of a community of people who are offering their input within an online message board. These surveys are typically conducted over weeks, months or even years.
- Home-Based Interview: A researcher visits the participant’s home. There are similar interview types where the interview takes place over the phone or through a webcam.
- Online Survey: These surveys can be done in one sitting or they can be recurring. Participants are provided with a set of predetermined questions, and they have to input their opinions.
Why focus groups?
- It’s fun! You get to meet and network with new people.
- Make a difference. Many people who participate in paid marketing research do so because they feel like their opinion is making a difference. How gratifying is it to voice your opinion to help shape the products and services for others?
- Getting paid. Of course, a major reason people participate is to earn extra cash. Oftentimes, pay can be between $50 – $200 for just a couple hours of their time! Awesome, right? Some studies may pay more, but of course it would require a larger time commitment.
How to get started with Focus Pointe Global
Getting started is a cinch. Head over to FocusGroup.com and fill out some basic information such as your date of birth, email address and zip code. Based on this information, Focus Pointe Global will then send you surveys to see if you qualify for a particular study.
That’s it! Super easy!
Tip: If you are contacted, make sure you respond quickly since focus groups tend to fill up fast. Make sure to give them you mobile phone number so that you can be reached from anywhere.
Upcoming Studies – Sign up now!
After signing up at FocusGroup.com, make sure to hurry and sign up to participate in these following focus studies happening soon.
- Focus group about children’s health looking for moms ages 22-45 with a child 0-12 months taking place Tuesday, January 21 (See if you qualify here.)
- Focus group about pet products looking for cat owners ages 25-65 taking place Wednesday, January 22 (See if you qualify here)
- Focus group about beverages looking for people ages 18-70 taking place January 23 and 24 (See if you qualify here.)
Have you ever participated in a focus group before?