Did you know this week is National Library Week? Come join me every day this week as I showcase some of our favorite libraries in the northwest suburbs of Chicago.
I talked about my favorite library, Barrington Area Library, but this library rivals it! We heard the Wauconda Area Library underwent a renovation and just opened recently. In fact, they are celebrating their Grand Opening today, April 18.The kids section, Kids City, is absolutely fabulous! It’s a great space that encourages imaginative play and learning.
Location: 801 N Main Street, Wauconda, Illinois. Kid City is located in the lower level.
Hours: Mon-Thurs 9AM – 9PM, Friday 9AM – 6PM, Saturday 9AM – 5PM, Sunday 12PM – 4PM
Parking: Outdoor parking lot
Why Kids Will Love Kid City at Wauconda Area Library:
- A warm welcome as you walk in. Say hello to the fish!
- A huge touch screen that offers fun and educational games
- Such a fun, bright area. This space could really be disguised as a children’s museum.
- A really cool airplane structure…with slide! Totally LOVE it!
- Besides the slide, there are control panels to fidget around with and a cute little reading nook
- Totally diggin’ the lite brite wall
- Building encouraged. Always fun with a LEGO table AND a cool LEGO wall.
- Imaginative play encouraged with a grocery store
- A little space for my little one to crawl around
- A neat light table with magnetic blocks
- Calling all gamers! A section dedicated just for them with a huge screen
- A section to creating crafts. On the day we visited, the library had a craft stations set up.
- Little techies will love the 3 iPads available perfectly situated by the windows
- Something you don’t see too often – a paper airplane launcher. So neat!
- ..we wouldn’t change a thing!
Tips to enjoy the Wauconda Area Public Library:
- The park is conveniently located across the street. Perfect time to picnic it up!
I’m not sure how the Wauconda Area Public Library was before, but what a fantastic job with the renovations. I’m hesitant to share this hidden gem with everyone, but hey, everyone should know about this library!
Have you been to Wauconda Area Public Library?