Did you know this week is National Library Week? Come join me every day this week as I showcase some of our favorite libraries in the northwest suburbs of Chicago.
Roundup of our favorite libraries in the northwest suburbs of Chicago
Day 1: Algonquin Area Public Library
Day 2: Schaumburg Township District Library
Day 3: Elk Grove Village Library
Day 4: Arlington Heights Memorial Library
Day 5: Gail Borden Public Library
Day 6: Barrington Area Library
Of all the libraries that we visited, we loved, loved, LOVED this library. The kids spent three hours here and could have stayed longer. This newly renovated library is so much fun. I guarantee you’ll love it!
Location: 505 N. Northwest Highway, Barrington
Hours: m-f: 9am-9pm sat: 9am-5pm, sun: 1pm-5pm
Parking: Outdoor parking lot
Why Kids Will Love the Children’s Area at Barrington Area Public Library:
- Get wowed as the awesome architecture greets you when you walk in
- Totally diggin’ the lite brite wall
- Fun large floor blocks
- We’ve seen LEGO tables but how about a LEGO table inside a LEGO room where all the walls are made of flat LEGO boards?
- Imaginative play encouraged with a bakery and deli, fruit and vegetable stand, and construction table
- Educational play toys everywhere we turn!
- Letting the creative juices flowing at the magnetic chalkboard wall
- 6 sets of educational iPads
- And the main highlight – a slide with a puppet theatre underneath. Yes, I said a SLIDE!
- ..we wouldn’t change a thing! A great fun space, although I can see how crowded it can get.
Tips to enjoy the Barrington Area Public Library:
- The park is located across the street. Perfect time to picnic it up!
The play area at the Barrington Area Public Library rocks! You’ll feel as if you’ve walked into a children’s museum but without the hefty price tag. Such a great place for the entire community. Do yourself a favor and check it out yourself.
Have you been to Barrington Area Public Library?