Did you know this week is National Library Week? Come join me every day this week as I showcase some of our favorite libraries in the northwest suburbs of Chicago.
I am so excit ed about this week’s posts. My three kids and I have explored the area’s libraries and today we’re going to talk about the Algonquin Public Library. Check it out!
Location: 2600 Harnish Drive, Algonquin. The entire children’s area is located in the basement.
Hours: Check their website for hours.
Parking: Outdoor parking lot
Why Kids Will Love the Children’s Area at Algonquin Area Public Library:
- Greeting the fish at the saltwater aquarium
- Nice views while studying
- So much to offer the kiddos including a fun play house…
- Play kitchen
- A safe space for my crawler to hang out
- Train tables are always a big hit!
- ..the play area was larger. I can see it getting crowded easily if there were a lot of people.
Special National Library Week activities:
- Free family movie night
- A presentation about heirloom gardening
- Super Saturday spring celebration.
Tips to enjoy the Algonquin Area Public Library:
- The library is located next to a trail. Pack a picnic and eat outside for lunch then take a stroll on the path. There is also a soccer field next door so you can bring a soccer ball.
Have you been to the Algonquin Area Public Library?