Our latest stay brought us to Le Meridien Chicago-Oakbrook Center for a quick getaway and a spa day for mommy. Quite honestly, I had the impression that Le Meridien would be like any other hotel. But boy was I wrong!
Location: 2100 Spring Road, Oak Brook, IL 60523. Close to Oakbrook Center shopping.
Parking: Free parking lot (woohoo – no overpriced Chicago hotel parking!)
Category: As a part of the Starwood Preferred Guest program, this is a category 4 hotel. I’d definitely sign up beforehand. You get complimentary bottles of water and free wi-fi.
Price Range: $109 to $509
- Artful lobby with an awesome mural. You can’t but help take pictures in front of their very cool mural in the lobby painted by Justus Roe, a local artist. Perfect for Instagram photos!
- Popcorn is always a nice welcome especially if it’s a Chicago mix (caramel and cheddar).
- In fact, their attention to art and love for Chicago is seen throughout the hotel.
- Discovery Boardroom: Photographer H.G. Esch, an architectural photographer, shot an image of a Chicago office building, documenting the urban fabric with the playful approach of being in the hotel’s boardroom while “looking into” another boardroom.
- Concierge Lounge: A faux brick niche serves as a backdrop for photographs taken on the streets of Chicago. The four images on either end are individual images and the center images together make up one large image. Photographer Satoki Nagata is a Chicago native who documents the people of the city.
- Elevator Lobby: Each elevator lobby displays an image taken from Chicago’s Elevated train with mileage from the hotel to that spot.
- Guest room lampshades: Replica of the original master plan of downtown Chicago
- Guest room bathroom wall covering: One of a kind, inspired by the Ferris wheel (created in Chicago) and the bike paths prevalent throughout Oak Brook
- Access to the Club Lounge (9th floor). Definitely worth the splurge ($30-$40/night). They offer breakfast, drinks, and light appetizers in the evening. In the evening they had quiche, meat and cheese platters, and different types of bread.
- Love art? The hotel has a partnership with the Elmhurst Art Museum (review coming) and you get free admission by showing your hotel key card.
- Heavenly private spa suites. What’s better than going to the spa? Having your very own spa suite. Scroll down for more info below.
- Need a lift somewhere? Let their Mercedez SUV whisk you away where you want. But it has to be within (5) miles.
- Location, location, location. If you want to be close to Oak Brook Center this is THE hotel to stay as it’s across the parking lot past The Cheesecake Factory.
- Fantastic customer service. From the moment we stepped in, everyone was very welcoming especially Frank, the general manager.
- Clean, comfortable, and modern. Our Club Guest Room was a nice size for our family of five.
- LEGO surprise. The kids were excited to find LEGO toy surprises.
- Chicago art decor and fun bathroom wallpaper.
- Would like a DVD player or a mini fridge? Go ahead and ask the front desk.
- Yummy Eclairs. This is the Le Meridien’s specialty. A must try at Longitude 87.
- Coffee lovers will appreciate the super cool Illy Coffee Machine.
- Kid-friendly picks. As part of the Le Meridien Family program, a Discovery Guide is given with suggestions for local family-friendly attractions.
- Privacy. It was heavenly having a room all to myself.
- The best massage. EVER. I had the aromatherapy massage for 50 minutes targeting
- A chance to pamper myself. After the massage, I was left alone in the suite for 50 minutes where I enjoyed a bath in the soaking tub, heated seat, and a steam shower.
- A fitness center (10th floor) with cardio equipment and weights.
- Free wi-fi for Starwood members.
- Pet lovers rejoice! The hotel is pet-friendly and the hotel provides a dog bed, food and water bowls and a special floor mat. Guests will receive clean-up supplies and welcome kit. ($25)
- Hotel dining. El Tapeo, a fun Spanish tapas joint
- No pool. What a bummer! But the bath tubs were clean, so we opted for a bubble bath in our room. The kids were happy enough to splash away in the bath tub.
- Oddly placed Club lounge. In order to access the lounge, we needed to pass through the restaurant. Not a big deal at all, but a little awkward.
We had a fab stay at the hotel and would recommend it to anybody looking for a great hotel close to shopping and a heavenly spa experience.
Did You Know?
See these coordinates – N 41° 50’ W 87° 56’ – around the hotel? These represent the hotel’s longitude and latitude.
Disclosure: Our family was provided a complimentary stay at Le Meridien Chicago-Oakbrook Center. I was not required to express a particular point of view, and all opinions are my own.