Looking for a fun race to run with the kids AND includes mud? The Kids Obstacle Challenge is making its way back to Chicagoland. Last year, my boys and I had a blast overcoming the obstacles and getting muddy, of course. Right after we finished the race, the kids were already begging to join next year’s race. Read on to find out why you’ll want to join this year’s race too!
Disclosure: I was given complimentary tickets to participate as well as use for the giveaway. All opinions expressed are entirely my own.
Why Run Kids Obstacle Challenge?
- Worthy mission. Their mission is to “inspire and challenge kids, and forge family bonds, through adventure and obstacles. They are committed to helping foster a more active, adventurous, and perseverant younger generation.
- Obstacle course fun! Some obstacle course fun include traversing rock walls, army crawling through mud pits, rope swinging over water, scaling up rugged cargo nets, and more!
- Get muddy! What kid doesn’t love getting muddy?
- Or not get muddy! If you’d rather not get to muddy, there are options to bypass the obstacles.
- Teamwork. It’s an event where the whole family can enjoy and everyone can work together as a team to overcome obstacles.
- Parents run for free! With each ticket purchase, one parent is allowed to run with their kid. So basically you’re getting a 2 for 1 deal.
- Cool swag. Everyone gets a finisher medal, headband/neck wrap, adventure passport, event photos, and Clif Bars.
- Try the Competive Wave where kids can win Razor prizes valued at over $100.
When: Saturday and Sunday, July 13th and July 14th. Waves released every 20 minutes from 8:30am-12:20pm
Where: Danada South Park, 2751 Navistar Drive, Lisle, IL 60532
Course length:1.5-2-mile course with 14-15 fun and challenging obstacles
Fee: $52/child. Save $15 with code BEBRAVE15
Giveaway Nitty Gritty:
Want to try out the Kids Obstacle Challenge yourself? Well, here’s your chance! Winner will be notified by email and will have 48 hours to respond. Contest ends Thursday, June 27at 12:00 a.m.