Ever since we heard that Key Lime Cove would be turned into a Great Wolf Lodge, I was so excited. We’ve stayed at Great Wolf Lodge in Wisconsin Dells in the past and had such a great time. A couple weeks ago the family and I finally get a chance to see the new Great Wolf Lodge Illinois in Gurnee. And we LOVED it! Although we didn’t get to stay over this time, we did get to enjoy all the fun dry and wet activities offered.
The whole family had a blast and we are already making plans to visit again this winter!
One of the newer things added is the 40,000 square foot Great Wolf Adventure Park, a family entertainment center with a ropes course, climbing wall, arcade and more.
- Mini-golf. Although the 9-hole course was on the small side it was still perfect for my kids. It was a great way to get acquainted with the activities offered at Great Wolf. They were itching for more fun afterward!
- Magi-Quest. The kids were won over when they were able to choose their own wands. Although we had no clue what we were doing, after a few flicks of the wand (and a little help from another 8-year-old Magi Quest-er) we got the hang of it. In fact, my 6-year-old fell in love with the game and wants to come back to finish the game (or fight the dragons, at least.)
- Bowling. The small bowling alley is so cute and just perfect for kids. Kids are able to throw smaller balls with ease plus you can choose to have bumpers or not. So much fun!
- Fun at the arcade! The arcade is always a guaranteed good time. They have tons of fun games, and the staff was super helpful in helping us out by showing us their favorite games and how to play the new-to-us ones.
- Awesome ropes course. This is the highlight of the park, but my non-adventurous kids shied away from trying it out. It spanned a few stories and looked so cool. They also had a fun climbing wall.
- Plenty of food. One thing’s for sure, you’ll never go hungry at Great Wolf Lodge. I’ve heard great things about their farm to table restaurant, Barnwood. We did also get to try some food from their “taco truck” and it was fabulous. Did I say there was a Ben & Jerry’s onsite? They also have a Dunkin Donuts, a pizza place, and food inside the waterpark. Like I said, you’ll never go hungry!
- Have a sweet time! They even have their own candy store with all types of candies. Fill a cup with any kinds of candy you wish – jelly beans, gummy bears, yum!
If you do happen to stay overnight, you will no doubt enjoy the 80,000 square-foot water park waterpark.
- Relax and float away. We love lazy rivers and this one was a nice size floating around the middle of the water park.
- Fun for younger kids. We were pleasantly surprised to find more than one kids area. The main one was the kids playground with slides, sprinklers, water cannons, rope bridges, small buckets, and of course the huge dumping bucket. They also had a small splash pad area with padded ground, more sprinklers and cute toys. Little kids will love the other separate area with a couple slides.
View this post on Instagram
- Fun wave pool. Wave pools are a blast and this is no exception!
- Thrilling rides. Choose from 2 family raft rides, a four-story tandem tube ride, and a funnel water ride.
We had such a great day exploring all that Great Wolf Lodge Illinois offers. We can’t wait to stay overnight and experience it again!