- Fantastic location. We were so close to everything! You know we love our museums so it was super convenient being able to walk to them. Right next door was the Academy of Natural Sciences (a dino museum) and a couple blocks was the Franklin Institute (science museum). We took a nice one-mile stroll to the Rocky Steps and Philadelphia Museum of Art. It was a short drive to the Liberty Bell and Historic Philadelphia. If the kids were older and it wasn’t as steamy outside, we definitely would have walked there.
- Great first impression. Once we walked in, we knew we would love the hotel. It has a modern vibe mixed in with natural elements such as barn board and natural stone. It’s definitely luxurious, but unpretentious and stuffy. Inspired by the hotel’s namesake, James Logan, the hotel’s vibe infuses historical references with urban industrialism.
- Art. To say we love art is an understatement. One of the main reasons we fell in love with The Logan was its extensive art collection. We saw art everywhere we turned and felt like we were staying in a mini art museum. In fact, they have an art tour app to download then peruse the hotel at your leisure.
- A warm welcome! If you didn’t know (like I didn’t), cannolis are a Philly thing. We devoured this delicious surprise!
- An indoor pool. Whenever we travel, it is always essential that we take a dip in the pool. The pool at The Logan is everything we look for in a hotel pool. It’s clean, spacious, and heated! And they get bonus points for being a saline pool with no harsh chemicals. Loved that they had pool noodles and boards for more fun. Every night we all looked forward to taking a dip in their saline pool. It was the perfect way to end the day.
- Awesome fitness room. The artwork is so cool and inviting, you’ll actually want to workout! Plus, it’s open 24 hours.
- Fantastic spa. The spa, located in the lower level of the hotel, was exactly what I needed after our long drive. I opted for the Nirvana Stress Relief Massage and couldn’t have been happier. It was 80 minutes of pure bliss! My masseuse was friendly and professional and definitely worked her magic. The facilities are great with a relaxing sitting room, showers, and tea for before or after. I would definitely recommend the spa services!
- Hospitality at its finest. The front desk was very helpful and friendly whenever we needed something. Loved their interactions with our kids. For instance, when my son told the front desk attendant that his name was Logan, he searched high and low for a pen with “The Logan Hotel” on it. It was a small and kind gesture, but one that my son will always remember. And you better believe he treasures that pen!
- A place to run around. We walked around a lot in Philly, but we spied this little green area while exploring the hotel – the courtyard with fountains!
- A secret room. Well, secret to us. A fun room to hang out in. Complete with a pool table.
We stayed in a junior suite on the 8th floor with a king-sized bed separate from the living room with a sleeper sofa.
- Comfy bed. We had the best night’s sleep on our king bed. It’s exactly what our body craved after being in the car for so long. It was definitely the best night’s sleep we had during our entire road trip.
- Again, loved seeing the local art throughout the room.
- Plenty of space. With three kids we are always in need of space to move around. Having the separate sitting room was just what we needed.
- Those views. The extra large windows in the sitting area and our bedroom invited us to just look out the window. It was fun watching people splash in the fountain and watching the cars drive around the circle. My son, normally the late-riser, was found staring out the window way early in the morning.
The night views were just as special.
- Those little things. It’s the little things that make a huge difference — like having a Keurig. I loved the convenience of having a cup of coffee first thing in the morning. We also loved the laptop-sized safes, in-room mini refrigerators, coffee makers, and iPhone and Android charging stations with Bluetooth Music Connection.
- Huge bathroom. One wall of the bathroom had a large mirror and sink with plenty of counter space, while the other side also had another mirror and vanity/dressing area. It was perfect for getting ready.
The separate shower/toilet room was extra large. We loved the walk-in shower with multiple showerheads, but it would have been even cooler if there were a tub instead. There was certainly enough room for it.
- Robes. As a nod to Rocky, they ditched those boring robes and had these plush “Rocky” themed robes. So cool! You can even purchase these bad boys for $100.
- Pets are welcome. While we didn’t bring our little furball, they do allow pets for $50. If so, pets receive pet bowl & bed, homemade treats, Downtown Pet Guide, dog shaped waste bag dispenser. Plus, thought it was really neat that a portion of the pet enhancement fee will be donated to a local animal shelter. I never see that around at a hotel.
- Fun backpack.The kids loved their backpack full of fun goodies. Plus, their activity book was pretty cool highlighting classic Philadelphia attractions.
- Other kid-friendly amenities include step stools, teddy bears, cribs, outlet covers, rubber duckies, kid friendly shampoo, cookies and milk, and “sticks” (candy, chocolate covered pretzel and cookie sticks) all for the asking!
- …we could have had a drink at the hip 21-and-over rooftop lounge nine floors above the city at the rooftop Assembly Lounge.
- …we could have stayed longer at The Logan Hotel.
Where to eat:
They have three places to dine and drink.
- We dined at Urban Farmer Philadelphia, a restaurant that locally sources their food. We had their breakfast both days we stayed there — it was delicious. I absolutely loved the modern rustic decor! Here’s our review.
- For trendy libations in an awesome setting, The Assembly atop the 9th-floor rooftop is the place to be.
- The Common, located by the lobby entrance, looked great for drinks and a good time.
What an amazing hotel! If you’re looking for a stylish, family-friendly hotel close enough to all that Philadelphia has to offer, The Logan should be at the top of your list. When we visit the City of Brotherly Love again, we will no doubt find ourselves at The Logan Philadelphia.
Location: One Logan Square, Philadelphia, PA 19103. Located at the northeast corner of North 18th Street and the Benjamin Franklin Parkway in Center City Philadelphia. Finding it for the first time is a little tricky since it is located off the roundabout. Just keep your eyes peeled. It is next to the Embassy Suites.
Check-in and Check-out: 4 p.m. and 12 p.m.
Parking: Valet parking is available for $55 with in and out privileges.
Disclosure: Our family was provided a complimentary stay at The Logan Hotel Philadelphia. I was not required to express a particular point of view, and all opinions are my own.