We stayed in an executive suite with a king and sofa bed on the 15th floor.
- Modern and stylish. The rooms were trendy cool with dark wood furniture, dark grey/brownish wood floors, and blue walls.
- Large windows. The light poured in through the extra large windows and the tall ceilings provided a loft-like atmosphere which we really dug.
- Loved the greyish/brown sleek hard surface flooring which we don’t see too often at hotels.
- Mini cubby and bench. Loved this little alcove for putting our shoes and hanging coats (although it was missing hangers).
- The kids immediately got comfy in the living room. The sleeper sofa couch with chaise was oh-so-comfy. So comfy that they didn’t even want to open the bed up.
- Those little stylish details – like this headboard subtle croc headboard with nailhead trim or the industrial-like mirror, and the other small but necessary conveniences like a microwave, mini fridge, and all the lamps equipped with electrical outlets.
- Free wi-fi. How often do you find that at a downtown hotel?
- Trendy. When we entered we saw how inviting and trendy was starting with the outdoor space and the stylish lobby.
- Breakfast is included. I sometimes cringe when hotels offer free breakfast and it’s nothing but cereal and muffins. Not here! Their hot breakfast is fantastic with plenty of options, especially for someone like me who is trying to eat healthily. Loved that they had Greek yogurt, fresh fruit, oatmeal with toppings, along with hot breakfast items like scrambled eggs, egg omelets, hard-boiled eggs, turkey sausage, bacon, and make-your-own waffles. Did I mention that it was free?
- Work it, work it. The workout room is open 24/7 which is a great option for those that wake up early in the morning, or who choose to work out at night. They have a couple treadmills with televisions, step machines, an elliptical, and free weights. It was great to get a run in before the start of the day. Plus, it was located on the same floor as the breakfast room so it was convenient to pop in and grab breakfast afterward.
- Awesome location. Located less than a block from the action on the Magnificient Mile. Plus, food options are literally everywhere you turn.
- Forgot something? The Corner Market is available in the lobby at your convenience.
- …they had a pool.
- Coffee and tea are available 24/7 on the 2nd floor.
- If you valet, you can keep the car there until 5 p.m. the next day. Perfect if you want to explore the city a little bit more before leaving.
- Suites are typically only $20 more a night. Well worth it for the extra room in my opinion!
- Doing a little sightseeing? Take advantage of their Shedd Aquarium Package that includes a standard room, 2 Shedd tickets (option to buy more if needed at a discount), a plush animal, and valet parking.
What a wonderful stay and option for exploring the Magnificient Mile and Chicago! We would definitely recommend a stay at the Fairfield Inn & Suites Chicago to any family.
Location: 216 East Ontario Street, Chicago, Illinois 60611
Check-in and Check-out: 3 p.m. and 12 p.m.
Parking: Valet parking available for $58 with in and out privileges. Off-site parking is also available for $42.
Disclosure: Our family was provided a complimentary stay at Fairfield Inn & Suites Chicago Downtown/Magnificient Mile. I was not required to express a particular point of view, and all opinions are my own.