To help launch Legoland’s newest exhibit (read our review here), we were invited to stay at the newly renovated DoubleTree by Hilton Chicago. Although we could see the hotel catering to business travelers, we were surprised that it was family-friendly as well. Then check back tomorrow and see how you can win a stay here.
**Disclosure: We were offered a complimentary stay by the hotel, but as always all thoughts and opinions are my own.**
- Updated. The hotel just recently renovated and I have to say I am impressed. The lobby’s modern feel with different shades of grays and dark wood was welcoming.
- Friendly welcome. The staff was very hospitable, and the fact that they give every guest a warm chocolate chip cookie upon arrival just goes to show how they value their guests.
- Awesome Pool. The pool is larger than most pools and was fun fun fun! Although the pool was cold, cold, cold. Nevertheless, this was the highlight of our stay, of course. It had great views of the courtyard.
- Fitness Center. Now you have no excuse but to work out.
- On-site dining. They do have a restaurant where you can order breakfast, lunch, or dinner, or you can opt for room service. We dropped by breakfast and while I didn’t get to see all their offerings, I couldn’t help but notice the use of these super adorable green Le Creuset kitchenware.
- Small market. Forgot something? They do have a small store to grab items to go.
We stayed in a king junior suite on the second floor that was modern and comfortable.
- Renovated. The same color of the lobby were also carried to the rooms. It looks to have been newly renovated with nice and elegant dark wood furniture located throughout and modern fixtures. My favorite design aspects were the glass lamps and awesome wallpaper. innice simple decor including a huge wood dark brown headboard and dark wood furniture.
- Comfy sleep. We had a very restful sleep on the beds with the fluffy pillows.
- Living room. It was awesome having our bedroom separated from the living room. A definite plus that it included a that included a sofa bed, chair, and television. This was perfect for the kiddos. As you can see, they couldn’t wait to make themselves at home.
- The room included a nice wall-to-wall window, but a narrow balcony. Nevertheless it still made for perfect sunrises! Ours had a view of the cute little pond.
- Spacious bathroom with shower/tub combo. Loved the wallpaper!
- Great smelling shampoo, conditioner, and body wash. All from Crabtree & Evelyn.
- Free wi-fi. Gotta love the free wi-fi for the always-connected mommy.
- Other conveniences. Loved this entertainment center that contained the mini-fridge! We loved the large mini-fridge.
- …the pool was actually heated! It was freezing.
- …they had a closer ice machine.
If you’re looking for a hotel in the area for the family, the DoubleTree by Hilton is a great choice. Spacious rooms, great location, a large pool, and a great value.
Location: 1200 N. Mittel Blvd, Wood Dale, IL. Located in an industrial area, it seemed an odd place to have a hotel. But it is right by the highway. (For a tasty treat, don’t miss Krispy Kreme donuts a mile away.)
Parking: Plenty of parking.