One of my favorite holiday experiences is having high tea. What’s not to love? You get to try different pastries, and breads, and oh the delicious desserts. Then, when I heard that Drury Lane was offering a Princess High Tea, I couldn’t wait to check it out. We’ve had the pleasure of visiting Drury Lane in Oakbrook Terrace for a Santa Brunch. (Read review here.) and Holiday High Tea, so we had high expectations. Well, Drury Lane did not disappoint this year. My daughter and I had a fabulous experience with the Princess High Tea.
Highlights of the Princess High Tea:
- Festively decorated. Drury Lane’ truly gets decked out during the holidays. They’ve even decorated the tree to coincide with the showing of Disney’s Beauty and the Beast. Loved it!
- Rose. To truly feel like a princess, every girl is given a rose. What a nice touch!
- Oh, the food. We had two tiers of yummy food. We loved everything they had. We gobbled up the cucumber sandwiches and their egg salad sandwiches. The kids had their own tier which included Nutella and banana finger sandwiches.
- Desserts. As always, the desserts did not disappoint. This little one was plenty happy with her gingerbread man.
- Excellent tea. There is a variety of tea to choose from including some of their holiday specials. I’ve had their Chai before from their holiday menu, and decided to switch things up and get the Raisin Biscotti. So, so good.
- Hot chocolate for kids. Instead of getting tea, little princesses could have their own pot of hot chocolate. Plus, it wasn’t scolding hot which was great for my impatient little one.
- Getting our makeup done. Included with the price of a ticket, is hair and makeup. She was all about glitter and sparkles and the makeup lady was fabulous. She truly felt like a princess!
- Have your princess wear their favorite princess dress.
- No need to bring a crown. They provide a choice of crown.
- Allow time to get your hair done and makeup. The line was longer towards the end. Probably would have opted to get it done first thing or during the middle of service.
- Make the evening more magical and get your tickets to watch Disney’s Beauty and The Beast. What a fantastic show! I actually preferred it to the movie. It’s amazing and will melt your princess’ heart. Stay tuned for my review on ChicagoParent.com.
My little princess and I had a fabulous time at our Princess High Tea. I highly recommend visiting with your little princess. It makes for a great experience gift, especially if you pair it with tickets to see Disney’s Beauty and the Beast.
Location: 100 Drury Lane, Oakbrook Terrace
Hours: Saturdays,December 29 and January 5, 19 & 26 at 3 p.m.
Price: Adults – $30, 12 and under – $25
Parking: Plenty of free parking
What to expect: Tea time for princesses with finger sandwiches, desserts, and pastries. Little princesses get makeup and hair done.