Located in Southern Indiana lies the most charming town of Santa Claus (yes, that’s the real name!) and the site of one of our best family camping experiences. As newbies to camping, this momma does not take well to “roughin’ it.” At Lake Rudolph Campground Resort & RV, we didn’t need to! The award-winning campground offers tons of options for those people like me who would rather stay in a cabin or cottage or even an RV! Our entire camping experience was highlighted by the campground’s amenities for families that are looking for fun: things like mini golf, a pool, golf cart rentals, boat rentals, and tons more! Find out why you’ll have the best time camping with the family at Lake Rudolph Campground & RV Resort.
Disclosure: Our family was provided a complimentary stay at Lake Rudolph Campground and Resort. I was not required to express a particular point of view, and all opinions are my own.
Christmas Cabin Highlights at Lake Rudolph:
We stayed in a Christmas Cabin, one of the largest cabin rentals available.
- Super cozy. We absolutely loved the Christmas Cabin with its fully stocked kitchen, a living room with TV and fireplace
- An awesome loft! Whenever they got the chance, they loved hanging out in their loft. Each of the kids picked out their own bed. It was a cool little area that all other kids would love.
- Super large covered patio. I loved waking up first thing in the morning coffee in my hand and sitting on our porch. Besides the birds tweeting, it was completely quiet. Our cabin also had a propane grill which was perfect for making breakfast and dinner.
Lake Rudolph Campground Highlights:
You can literally never leave unless you want or need to. There are so many activities on-site.
- Convenient. If you’re planning on going to Holiday World (which you definitely should!), the campground is conveniently located next to the theme park and water park. There are even a few spots at the campground where you see the roller coasters in action. To make it even more convenient for you, they offer free shuttles to take you to Holiday World.
- A variety of rentals. You can choose from a variety of rentals — cabins, tent sites, RV sites, or even RVs! If fact, they have 534 sites available!
- Rent a golf cart. For a fun worthwhile and memorable splurge, you should rent a golf cart. It’s the best way to explore and get around the campground. For a fun experience, decorate your golf cart and join in the golf cart parade in the evening. Note: A 4-seater easily fit our family of five.
- Grab your necessities. Forgot something? No worries, they had everything you could need including items to make the perfect s’more, coffee, and souvenirs.
- Mini golf. Putters and golf balls are available in Prancer’s Activity Center. Plus, it’s completely free!
- Enjoy the lake. Take time to enjoy their 7-acre lake by row boats, paddle boats, or kayaks. And if you feel like fishing their lake is stocked with Catfish, Bluegill, & Bass. Although a fishing license is not required, you’ll need to bring your own rods or poles. (Bait and fishing supplies can be purchased.)
- Splash away. While we didn’t have time to enjoy, it was nice to see a pool and splash pad for free. They also have the option to enjoy their waterslides for a small fee.
- Play! Enjoy 2 playgrounds – the newer one by the activity center and the campground store.
- Other fun things to do. You can play your favorite sports or games on their basketball and volleyball courts, or play a game of horseshoes or arcade games, go gem mining, or take a walk on their nature trails. Want to spend a little time with Santa? On certain days, Santa comes by and reads a story.
What a fun camping experience for a non-camping family! We absolutely loved our time and you will too!
Tips to enjoy your stay at Lake Rudolph:
- Make sure that you check the website for a detailed list of what is supplied before you go and make sure that you bring blankets and towels because those are not supplied in your cabin.
- Reserve ahead for golf cart rentals.
- Bring food! They also have a grocery store, Holiday Foods, located down the street.
- Consider bringing these other extras – coffee and coffee filters, s’mores items (loved our Stuffed Puffs – marshmallows with chocolate already inside!), charcoal, paper towels.
View this post on Instagram
Location: 78 North Holiday Blvd., Santa Claus, IN
Check-in and Check-out: 3 p.m. and 11 a.m.