Attention all train lovers. Thomas the Tank Engine and his best friend Percy are chugging to the Illinois Railway Museum for a fun Day Out With Thomas: The Steam Team Tour 2019 presented by Mattel. The tour, now in its 24th year, will make 37 stops across the U.S. and Canada and is expected to welcome nearly one million passengers in 2019. And guess what? You and your family will have a chance to win tickets to see him and his crew at Illinois Railway Museum on July 14!
Why You’ll Want to go to Day Out With Thomas:
- Ride on your favorite train. Take a 20-minute ride on Thomas, meet Percy their favorite engine. You also have a chance to take a 20-minute train ride with Percy (an additional $10.)
- Meet Thomas and Friends characters. Meet Sir Topham Hatt, Controller of the Railway.
- Fun activities. Participate in Thomas & Friends™ themed activities, crafts, photo ops, storytelling, magic shows, a garden model railroad display, live music and so much more!
- Do something good. Attendees can donate much-needed school supplies in support of two Flint, MI pre-K programs, Cummings and Educare, and earn a “Thomas & Friends Global Citizen Badge” for their support of Quality Education. Afterwards, Thomas and his friends will deliver the collected school supplies to the young students of these pre-K programs during a special event at Crossroads Village & Huckleberry Railroad in Flint, MI.
- Enjoy the rest of the museum. If you haven’t been, the Illinois Railway Museum provides tons of fun especially to train lovers. Play at the train-themed playground, view trains up close (you can even go through some of them), and best of all some of their historic electric trolleys, some over 100 years old will be giving rides to the visitors at no additional charge.
About the Illinois Railway Museum
Illinois Railway Museum is one of the largest rail transport museums in the U.S. with over 450 pieces of historic rail transport equipment including steam and diesel locomotives, electric streetcars and interurban cars, passenger and freight cars and even trolley buses that can be ridden by the visiting public.
Illinois Railway Museum, 7000 Olson Rd., Union, Illinois
July 13th, 14th and July 20th and 21st, 2019. Thomas and Percy rides depart every 30 minutes, rain or shine. Departure times for Thomas begin at 10 am through 3 pm each day of the event. Percy rides start at 10:15 and leave every half hour till 3:15.
$21 plus tax for ages two and up. A $10 ticket is required for a ride behind Percy. Tickets are on sale now and can be purchased at www.dayoutwiththomas.com or by calling Ticketweb toll-free at 866.468.7630. For more information and directions, contact the Illinois Railway Museum at 800-BIG-RAIL, the THOMAS ticket desk at 815-923-4391, ext 452 or www.irm.org.
Giveaway Nitty Gritty:
Now get ready for this – you and your little train conductors can hitch a ride on Thomas too! One lucky winner will win (4) tickets to Day Out With Thomas at Illinois Railway Museum on Sunday, July 14. Contest will end July 9 at 12 a.m. The winner will be emailed and will have 48 hours to respond back or the prize will be forfeited. (Be sure to check your spam and add [email protected]il.com to your safe sender’s list.)