With three kids ages 6, 5, and 2 years old, I am always on the lookout for fun things to do with them. Then I heard about Fun Republic in St. Charles. Founded by three local moms, their main goal was to create an indoor play center to help children not only develop basic motor skills and social skills, but also develop self-confidence while having fun.
- Ease of mind. Before you play, everyone has to go through “security.” The attendant writes the last 4 numbers of your cell phone on all the wristbands. Then before you leave to go home, they check that everyone matches. I’ve never seen this before at any play place and thought it was smart and cautious.
- Clean! Since the place is relatively new (opened August 2016) the place is very clean. Workers are always around trying to tidy up.
- Bounce around. Fun Republic offers two inflatables. I swear they could have stayed here the entire time! Parents are encouraged to go in and play with the kids.
- The coolest mini town around. Main Street was oh-so-cute and every little “building” had dress up clothes so kids could really fall into character and a couple vehicles to get around town. It even had it’s own sewer!
Here you’ll find a home under construction with tools and bricks to lay….
….a fire station with a firehose…
…a police station and jail cell…
- Choo choo. The hand-powered train car was a HUGE hit. And actually it’s the first time I’ve seen one at a play place.The only other time we’ve seen one of these was at Donley’s Wild West Town. Believe me, they will never want to get off.
- Slide down. Perfect for those that love slides. Watch out — it may be a little too fast for some!
- Little ones can also have fun. Little crawlers and toddlers have a large space to themselves with soft cushiony blocks. A huge plus – it’s gated!
- Snacks and drinks are affordable. Food is not allowed, but they offer snacks, bars, and coffee. There is seating at the cafe with plenty of tables. The best part? Everything is very reasonably priced.
- Splash away. A pretty cool water table to explore. But you must pay extra to play.
Tips to enjoy Fun Republic:
- Bring socks. Adults and kids both need them. If not, you will have to purchase them for $2.
- Bring extra clothes. If you plan on splashing away at the water table, be sure to bring a change of clothes and extra socks.
Location: 731 N 17th St. Unit 16, St Charles, IL. In the former Under the Big Top building by Randall Rd. and Dean St.
Hours: Monday 10 a.m. – 2 p.m.; Closed Tuesday and Wednesday; Thursday 9 a.m. – 11 a.m.; Friday, Saturday, Sunday 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Ticket prices: Two different pricing points depending on when you visit. Weekdays children 12 – 23 months are $7 and those 2 and up are $9. On weekends children 12-23 months are $10 and those 2 and up are $12. Adults are free. Free for kids 1 and under. There is an additional fee of $2 to play in the water area, Splash Republic.
Parking: Plenty of parking at the lot
Stroller-friendly? It may get a little crowded with the stroller. There is a stroller parking available.
Food: Cafe includes pre-packaged snacks, coffee, Naked juice, regular juice
Crowded: We visited on a Friday morning and it was not crowded at all.
What to expect: Tables for eating, a large play structure; jumpy inflatables; a soft padded area for younger tikes; wavy slides, hand-powered train cars; a small town; enclosed toddler area; party rooms
Party packages: Three party rooms that start at $290