If you love Halloween, pumpkins, and all that comes with it, then you’ll want to head to Jack’s Pumpkin Glow before it leaves Chicagoland! If you’ve ever wanted to be surrounded by lit up Jack O’Lanterns this is one event you don’t want to miss. Find out what we thought about the entire illuminating experience as well as tips to enjoy your time.
Disclosure: Media passes were provided by Jack’s Pumpkin Glow for review purposes. All opinions are our own. Some of the links below are affiliate links meaning, at no cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.
Our experience at Jack’s Pumpkin Glow:
After being guided where to park (super helpful), we followed the crowd down the dark path and came upon an area where they had food, picnic benches, washrooms, and customer service.
Again, we proceeded down the path to what was the entrance line. After taking a group photo, you’re able to begin your walk. (Just be patient, since there may be a bottleneck at the beginning. (EVERYONE will want to take photos as you enter and may hold up the line just a bit. )
As we strolled down the path, we were awestuck at all the different kinds of Jack O’Lanterns. In fact, there are over 5,000 hand-carved pumpkin and they keep adding 1000 more each week! Not only did we see the regular Jack-O-Lanterns but also larger than life sculptures. To keep things interesting, there are different themes as you walk by. For instance, Disney lovers will adore the Disney cutouts set on a castle. Love dinosaurs? You’ll having a roaring good time seeing the different dinosaurs illuminated from pumpkins coupled with sound effects.
Pop culture fans will adore the intricately carved pumpkins featuring their favorite super heroes along with fan favs like Bruce Lee or Rambo. And we can’t forget about some of our favorite Chicago sports!
After awhile, you may even forget that these are carved entirely from pumpkins. The attention to detail is so amazing! And it makes you wonder how long it took for someone to make this work of art.
As you exit, you can find your favorite pumpkin in the pumpkin patch. Then you’ll pass by their gift store as well as have an opportunity to see your picture and grab some munchies from the food stand.
Tips to enjoy Jack’s Pumpkin Glow:
- Easy parking. They have staff with glow wands that guide people where to park. Super helpful!
- Buy your tickets ahead of time. All tickets need to be pre-ordered with a specific time slot unless you purchase an Anytime Ticket (more expensive)
- Save money! Buy your ticket for Thursdays and Sundays for a better deal. Save money by looking for Groupon deals. In fact, here’s one right now. Hurry though, these usually don’t last long! You can also check out their Facebook page for special promotions.
- Wear appropriate shows. Since it had been raining the entire week, the ground was muddy most of the way.
- Think twice about strollers and wagons. Strollers and wagons are welcome, but again it proved to be a little hard maneuvering through the muddy ground. If you can wear your baby do it. I’m sure my husband would have rather left the wagon in the car.
- Light it up! Hit up the dollar store and get glowsticks or light up toys. It’ll make it even more fun for the kids!
- Take your time. The entire path is 1/3 of a mile long. Take time to enjoy it the walk and to take it all in!
What a way to celebrate Halloween with the family!
Location: Sensory Garden Playground, 2751 Navistar Drive, Lisle, IL 60532
When: October: 3-6*, 10-13, 17-20, 24-27, *October 6th Sensory-Friendly early show
Ticket prices: $16.99 – $22.99 for kids (ages 3 to 12), plus tax, depending on the day of the week. $22.99 – $28.99 for adults, plus tax, depending on the day of the week. Discounted time slots on Thursday and Sunday nights. Children 2 and under are free.
Parking: Free parking
Crowded: We visited on a Friday night around 8 p.m. and found it crowded at some areas as we walked through.
What to expect: A stroll through Sensory Garden with pumpkins in all shapes and sized illuminated.