Do have at least 10 inches of hair? If you have at least 10 inches of hair, considering donating your hair at a fun event benefitting Locks for Love. Not only is this a great cause, but you’ll receive a fantastic makeover package for helping out. This event, sponsored by Sofitel Chicago Magnificent Mile, Mario Tricoci and Bloomingdale’s Michigan Avenue, will happen on Monday, February 12, from 6 a.m. to 9:30 a.m. at the Sofitel Chicago Magnificent Mile. Read about the event and spread the word! I’ll personally be there donating 10″. I’d love for you to come join me!
Here’s what you get in exchange for donating to Locks of Love:
- Donated hair to a worthwhile cause. A great opportunity for those in the community to make someone else feel beautiful during the month of love.
- A complimentary dry haircut on-the-spot
- A certificate to return to Mario Tricoci salon
- A complimentary one-night stay certificate for Sofitel Chicago Magnificent Mile
- An on-the-spot lipstick makeover by CHANEL from Bloomingdale’s Michigan Avenue
- A Bloomingdale’s umbrella and a heart-shaped padlock to participate in Sofitel Chicago’s
Love Locks exhibit.
What is Locks of Love?
This event will benefit Locks of Love, a public non-profit organization that provides vacuum fitted hairpieces to financially disadvantaged children suffering from long-term medical hair loss from any diagnosis. They meet a unique need for children by using donated
human hair to create the highest quality hair prosthetics. The prostheses they provide helps to restore self-esteem and confidence, enabling these children to face the world and their peers.
What: Makeover Monday for Locks of Love, an event for you to donate 10″ of hair (dry and straightened) to Locks of Love organization
When: February 12, 2018 from 6:00 am to 9:30 am
Where: Sofitel Chicago Magnificent Mile – Cigale Room on main level, 20 East Chestnut Street, Chicago, IL 60611
Parking: Parking will be available at a special rate of $13.
Extra Info: Haircuts should take about 20 mins. per person. They are asking for dry and straightened hair.