As you know, my kids are die hard dinosaur fans. I may even have a future paleontologist on hand. If you love dinosaurs, then you’ll need to take your kids to Jurassic Quest for all things dino at Navy Pier in Chicago.
RELATED: Have you ridden the Centennial Wheel at Navy Pier?
Disclosure: Our family was provided complimentary tickets to Jurassic Quest. I was not required to express a particular point of view, and all opinions are my own. Some links may be affiliate links.
What is Jurassic Quest?
“Jurassic Quest is America’s largest and most realistic dinosaur event that sees guests walk through and learn about the Cretaceous period, the Jurassic period and The Triassic period, experiencing for themselves what it was like to live among the dinosaurs. From the very small, to the gigantic, sky-scraping dinosaurs, Jurassic Quest has over 80 types of dinosaurs that are replicated in every detail.”
Why Jurassic Quest:
- More dinos than you can imagine! See over 100 true-to-life size dinosaurs and prehistoric marine creatures
- Megaladon! See a 50 ft. moving, animatronic Megalodon, the star of their new exhibit Ancient Oceans, and the only one in the nation.
- Meet dinos. Guests can meet and interact with baby dinosaurs and adolescent walking dinosaurs.
- Pet dinos at the Dinosaur Petting Zoo,
- Ride dinos. Ever wanted to get on a dinosaur? Kids will have the opportunity to ride on the back of some of their largest, animatronic dinosaurs, including their two largest dinosaur rides – Carnotaurus and T. rex, reaching heights of 24 ft. You can choose from a stationary or walking dinosaur ride.
- A learning experience. Want to learn more about the dinos? Tag along with their dinosaur expert to explore the exhibit and hear all about the dinosaurs, from scientific findings to fun facts.
- See baby dinos. During their Baby Dinosaur Show, the adorable creatures are carried around and guests are able to interact with them.
- Dig in. I can’t tell you how much my kids love grabbing a brush and uncovering fossils at fossil digs.
- Dino Scooters. Roll around on mini-dinos on wheels for a fun and fast ride (for ages 3 & under).
- Jump around. For those that have too much energy, they can bounce it out at the different Dino Bounce Houses ranging from huge dino slides to a unique bungee pull and dino obstacle courses.
- Drive around. Kids will love getting behind the wheel at their own Jurassic Jeeps.
- Make it and take it. At the Science Station, kids can make their own plaster fossil to take home.
- Relax and watch. Take a break at Dino Cinema where guests can watch entertaining, yet educational prehistoric films.
- Toddler Petting Zoo. Toddlers can pet, play, and sit on baby dinosaur figures in their dino petting zoo.
- Let out your creativity. At the Crafts & Coloring Station, kids can design their own paper dinosaur.
- Face Painting. Choose from a ton of different dino designs.
- Green Screen Photography. Take a photo to make it look like your family is riding a brontosaurus or getting chased by a T. Rex
Enter to win tickets to Jurassic Quest:
Now, who wants to make your dinosaur lover’s dream come with a visit to Jurassic Quest? Well, here’s your chance! I’m giving away 4 tickets to Jurassic Quest. Winner will be notified by email and will have 48 hours to respond. Contest ends Tuesday, March 3rd at 12:00 a.m. Tickets will be available at will call at event. You can choose either Saturday, March 7th or Sunday, March 8th to attend. Good luck!
Where: 600 E Grand Ave, Chicago, IL 60611
When: March 6-8, 2020
Time: Friday 3pm-8pm Saturday 9am-8pm Sunday 9am-7pm
Cost: Kids VIP (2-12) $38; Kids Regular (2-12) $24; Adults (13-64) $24; Seniors (65+) 22. But my readers can save 20% off tickets with code: TV20. Book online now!