For a weekend in December, the Loews Chicago Hotel was the ideal stomping grounds for our Chicago holiday adventures as well as to celebrate my son’s birthday. In addition, we were able to take advantage of the Loew Chicago Hotel’s Snowed Inn package which includes one night’s stay, valet parking, a movie credit, hot chocolate and cookies, and my kids’ personal favorite – a tent and (pretend) campfire.
Read on to see why a stay at the Loews Chicago Hotel will be a great option to enjoy a winter vacation or staycation.
We stayed in a double room on the 11th floor.
- Comfy rooms. We stayed in a modern, bright room that still managed to be relaxing and comfortable.
- Such a cool bathroom. Love this Chicago wallpaper map! Plus, who can argue about having plenty of counter space?
- The view. It was so nice waking up to these beautiful city views from the floor-to-ceiling windows. And yes, they have blackout shades for those that want a little more shut-eye.
Loews Chicago Hotel Highlights:
- The lobby. From the fixtures to the ceiling, The Loews Chicago had a beautiful, spacious lobby.
- Location, location, location. Located in the River North, just 10-15 minute walk to Navy Pier. Whole Foods was located just a few minutes away, which was ideal for grabbing some snacks and hot food to go.
- Excellent gym. Better than average gym with plenty of treadmills, ellipticals, Peleton cycling bikes, and even a stair machine. They have ropes, dumbbells, weight machines, resistance bands, and a Roman chair. I had a great workout! Plus it’s open 24/7.
- Kids treated like VIP. The hotel has a program just for kids. Upon check-in, the kids received a goodie bag. Parents can also request night lights and a child-proofing kit upon request.
- Pets are VIP too. We were going to bring our pug, but unfortunately, it didn’t work logistically. But I was happy to hear that pets were welcome, and they even had a Loews Love Pets program for them. They get cool perks like a placemat, water bowl, collar tag, doggie pick-up bags, treats, and more.
- Texting. Everything is made easier by texting. Our room wasn’t ready, and we were kept updated with a text. If you want to get your car from the valet, we could also choose to text. You can also do it to request more toiletries or even a wake-up call. Super convenient.
- Thoughtful. I had mentioned that we were celebrating my son’s birthday, and they surprised all of us with cupcakes! They even brought up some pressed juice from local Chicago company Here.
They made It this boy super happy.
- Pool time. No vacation is complete without a dip in the pool. Love that there were kids toys and puddle jumpers for the kids to use.
- COFFEE! I just love it when I can pop down and grab a coffee in the morning. It was so convenient to go down the elevator and find an actual Starbucks in the building. We also happen to be a fan of their breakfast sandwiches which meant no hangry kids first thing in the morning.
Snowed Inn Package highlights:
We were excited to take advantage of the Snowed Inn package. it was the perfect way to get acquainted with the hotel.
- Stay cozy in the tent. Yes, no doubt the kids fell in love with the tent. It kept the kids busy our entire stay. They could pretend they were making s’mores, cozy up with a book, or even sleep in it. It was such a lifesaver!
View this post on Instagram
- Treats. We were given a tin with hot chocolate K-Cups and cookies made from the hotel pastry team along with the recipe. Let me tell you, these cookies were ah-mazing! I will definitely try to make them again.
- Additional savings. Save 20% off at ETA Restaurant + Bar and Spa at Loews Chicago to enjoy additional savings.
- Tickets to Centennial Wheel on certain days. Take advantage of the Snowed Inn Package between the following dates and receive an additional perk of one complimentary ride per family member on the Centennial Wheel at Navy Pier! December 16 – 25, 2018. January 1 – 13, 2019. January 20 – 27, 2019. January 30 – February 10, 2019. March 24 – April 1, 2019.
Fun Facts about the Loews Chicago Hotel:
The inspiration for Loews Chicago Hotel comes from the poem “Chicago” by Carl Sandburg and is emblazoned in gold in the elevator.
Touches of Chicago can be found throughout the hotel…some subtle, some obvious…all of which combine to create a design aesthetic unlike any other in the city.
The overall hotel design is influenced by two of Chicago’s most prevalent architects – Mies van der Rohe and Louis Sullivan.
All other public space art is themed by floor and is produced by all local Chicago artists.
We had such a great stay at the Loews Chicago Hotel. If you’re looking for a hotel with a convenient downtown location, comfy rooms, a pool, and a great fitness center, you won’t be disappointed!
View this post on Instagram
Location: 455 North Park Drive, Chicago, 60611
Check-in and Check-out: 4 p.m. and 12 p.m.
Parking: Self-parking: $44 (validation required); Valet parking: $69
Disclosure: Our family was provided a complimentary stay at Loews Chicago Downtown. I was not required to express a particular point of view, and all opinions are my own.