Are you ready to see Santa? Then consider making a stop at Water Tower Place to go on a Santa sleigh ride and also see the jolly old man himself. The Portable North Pole virtual Santa sleigh ride makes its debut in the U.S. and exclusive to Chicago. The kids were happy What a great way to celebrate the holidays and make memories of seeing Santa!
- Seeing Santa! The kids had no idea what we were doing at the Water Tower Place, but there were clues as we rounded up the escalator to the 7th floor.
When they caught a peek of a Santa’s sleigh, they couldn’t contain their excitement.
Santa was quick, but I don’t think he spent as much time with the kids as he could. The check-in process with Santa’s elf was seamless, and we waited no longer than 5 minutes. (Make free reservations!) Santa chatted with each of them making sure to listen to everyone’s Christmas wish list, while the photographer quickly snapped the photos.
- Super fast. After their photos were taken, we were shown our pictures and then it was printed right there. So quick! Packages include a digital download of all the pictures. Yes, ALL the pictures that were taken. Can someone say Christmas cards done?
- Sleigh Ride. After taking our photos, my little ones were so excited to hop on the sleigh for a reindeer training flight from the North Pole to Chicago. And yes, adults could hop on too!
The ride lasted about a minute and a half and the kids couldn’t get enough. Since my little one couldn’t read, Santa’s elf helped out and gave us the directions. The cool part is in about 10 minutes you’ll have a video of the virtual experience emailed to you. So neat!
Ready to see our video? We love it!
- The sleigh ride was a little longer.
- Santa spent more time with the kids.
- Save money and time! Skip the line by making reservations to see Santa. Reserve Monday – Wednesday through December 5 and save $5 on your photo package. Plus, receive a FREE personalized video with any purchase of a premium photo package.
The sleigh ride was a blast! The kids are eager to ride again. In the meantime, we’ll have our video to watch over and over.
Location: Water Tower Place, 835 N. Michigan Avenue, Chicago, IL, Santa. Santa’s Workshop and his sleigh is located on the 7th floor next to Harry Caray’s.
Hours: Check website for schedule.
Prices: Standard Package: $39.99 includes 1 5x7, 1 4x6, 4 wallets, digital downloads, and a free short video! The Premium Package: $49.99 includes 3 5x7, 3 4x6, 4 wallets, digital downloads, and a free tailor-made video with eleven customized videos to choose from where Santa will mention children by name and more!
Parking: Attached mall parking for a fee.
Disclosure: Our family was provided a complimentary holiday package to facilitate this review. I was not required to express a particular point of view, and all opinions are my own