Have plans for Mother’s Day? Before getting pampered or getting your brunch on, how about running a race with me to support a great cause? On Sunday, May 13 I’ll be donning my running shoes and superhero gear to take part in the 6th Annual Cooley Run 5K & Super Hero Dash in Huntley. The family-friendly chip-timed 5K certified course run benefits Cancer Kiss My Cooley (CKMC), a local 501(c)3 charitable organization dedicated to raising community awareness towards pediatric brain tumors.
- Support a great cause! CKMC® grants Kisses of HOPE, which are special moments or experiences tailor-made for the patient and their family. They have partnered with Lurie Children’s Hospital’s brain tumor program and have committed to annual funding toward clinical trial research programs to help find a cure.
- Free Superhero Dash. Kids aged 4-8 can participate in a free Superhero dash competition where they can dress up as their favorite superhero. (around 9 a.m.)
- Get access to the STAR 105.5 Music Tent.
- Check out the Mobile Gaming Theater.
- Get an awesome CKMC T-Shirt.
- They will be honoring past Kiss of Hopes who have passed away and those still with us.
- Win $100 cash prize each for the overall male and female winner.
When: Sunday, May 13th – Bring Mom for Mother’s Day, and then take her out to brunch! 5K will start at 8:05am. (Superhero Dash will begin at approximately 9:00 am)
Where: Huntley Park District, 12015 Mill St., Huntley, IL (Betsey Warrington Park, near Stingray Bay)
Fee: $25 per person (until 4/29/17 – then $35). Or you can save $15 and register a team/family of 4 for just $85.
Packet Pickup: Morning of the race beginning at 6:30 am at race location only. Race Day registration is available at the registration pavilion beginning at 6:30 a.m. (no early packet pickup).
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post for Cancer Kiss My Cooley (CKMC). All opinions expressed are entirely my own.