We’re kicking off the New Year by reading up a storm. If you love supporting local moms and love reading, you’ll want to get your hands on Lori Orlinksy’s latest book, “The Tooth Fairy’s Tummy Ache.“ As you may remember reading, we reviewed Lori’s last book “Being Small” and my kids loved it. Did we love the second book just as much? Read on to find out!
Disclosure. I was given a review copy. As always, the opinions expressed are those of my own. The post may have affiliate links.
Ellie has been eagerly awaiting the day she can finally trade in her first baby tooth for a coveted prize from the Tooth Fairy. But when the time comes, the unthinkable happens! Ellie swallows her tooth! Knowing she can’t disappoint the Tooth Fairy, Ellie decides to lie about what really happened to her tooth. But when her fib leads to big trouble in Fairyland, will Ellie be able to set things right again?
Losing a tooth is always a momentous occasion especially when it involves a visit with the tooth fairy. But what happens when you accidentally swallow your tooth? Worried that the tooth fairy won’t visit, the little girl decides to use a popcorn kernel instead. When the tooth fairy picks it up and brings it to her tooth workshop, the kernel pops, pops, pops and becomes popcorn. Unable to resist the popcorn, the tooth fairy eats it and gets a stomachache and unable to perform her all-important tooth fairy duties. The tooth fairy figures out that the “tooth” was actually not a tooth and pays her a visit again with a message about honesty.
- A wonderful message. The underlying message is one that everyone can relate too. Although it may be hard at first, telling the truth is always a better option.
- Tooth Fairy. We really don’t see much of the tooth fairy so this was a nice subject to read about. Plus, you get an inner look at their tooth fairy “workshop.” Super adorable!
- Rhyme time! My youngest daughter is just beginning to read and I think it’s always much more enjoyable to read books that rhyme.
- Cute illustrations. The illustrator, Vanessa Alexandre, did a great job again with the illustrations. My daughter loved the popcorn pages, of course.
- A great gift. I think it would be a great idea to gift this to anybody that is expecting a visit from the tooth fairy.
Another great book from Lori to add to our bookshelf. We think it belongs on yours too! What are you waiting for? Grab some popcorn and enjoy!
Interested in learning more about Lori? Read the interview here.
“The Tooth Fairy’s Tummy Ache”
Mascot Books, January, 2020
Find it on Amazon