You all know we love going on vacations, but one of the hardest things to do is keeping the kids busy and entertained. They’re either bored on the way to the destination, or once they do arrive at the hotel they are immediately bored of the toys that they brought. Sound familiar?
Enter Big Adventure Box.
What is Big Adventure Box?
Big Adventure Box is a box full of goodies curated specifically for your child (or children) for a trip. Not only are the items a perfect distraction, but also help document the trip. Founded in 2017, the Chicagoland-based business features quality items, and this year they try to feature smaller, independent companies.
The husband-and-wife team’s mission is to “encourage children to get out and explore the world around them.” They believe in cultivating imagination and connecting with your kids to create meaningful memories. Since traveling has been a constant positive in their lives, they hope the magic & spirit of adventure will reach as many children as possible. Gotta love that!
- Easy to order. The ordering process was easy peasy. I headed over to their website and filled out a quick survey about my son and also about our upcoming trip to a waterpark resort. A few days later, I received the package in the mail. Super simple!
- Cute box. I believe presentation is everything, and I loved the fact that the box was so adorable. Even I wanted to open it up right away! My son, a beginning reader, was excited to read the words on the box.
- Personalized. The first thing we did was read the personalized letter to our little adventurer. How cute!
- Fun, entertaining items. This is definitely not the dollar store items that you’ll find. The items were of great quality and brands you know and trust like Melissa and Doug. Plus the activities and crafts included were those that he could use over and over again like road trip bingo, felt craft activities, and dry erase boards. I loved that the games could be played with his brother and sister. The journal to document his adventures was just the cutest!
- Bring it everywhere. With this very cool knapsack, he was able to bring his goodies everywhere.
- One happy little guy. He couldn’t wait to dig in and get started.
- Shop local. I love supporting businesses from the Chicago area, especially one that hails from the northwest suburbs like me!
What a fun way to keep the kids entertained and a great way to remember their travels! I highly recommend Big Adventure Box.
Getting to Know Amanda and Alex:
Q: What has been your favorite vacation with the kids?A&A: Being new parents, we have only had one true family vacation, but it was a lot of fun! We went to Folly Beach, SC with one of the grandmas. Not only did our daughter love playing on the beach, but having a grandma there was also a nice bonus, since we could also do a date night in Charleston.
Q: When you travel, do you give your kids a box as well?
A&A: Once our daughter is around 3, we absolutely will! It’s funny, a lot of the parents we talk to have said something along the lines of, “my mom did something similar to this when I was a kid.” We hope that our product reflects that same sweet thoughtfulness and excitement for the special occasion, along with our ability to seek out new products and receive good prices from quality suppliers.
Q: How did you come up with the idea?
A&A: We are both 90’s kids that grew up outside, using our imaginations to create our own adventures. Vacations were amazing because not only was it a special occasion, but you would usually return home with some tangible goods from your trip, which at the time felt like bring back treasure from your travels. When we thought about those feelings, we started to brainstorm a product that would help evoke those emotions for a new generation. Big Adventure Box was born out of the hope that we could help convey a lot of those special feelings, and also help lay the groundwork for creating meaningful memories.
Q: Since your local, what are some of your favorite Chicagoland things to do with the kids? Favorite place to eat? Favorite park?
A&A: Chicago has some of the best museums in the world, and we take advantage of living so close. We usually take off a weekday to go as a family, which is a nice way to break up the work week, and avoid a lot of the weekend rush. Our favorite restaurant is Pita Pita Grill in Palatine, since it is delicious and quick. Our favorite park is the Chicago Botanic Garden, which is beautiful & very child-friendly.
Adventure Box – $29 – A great introduction to the Big Adventure Box experience! Perfect for shorter trips, or for families traveling with multiple kids. All boxes include a Big Adventure Box journal with creative prompts, pen, comfort item, and 2-3 items.
Big Adventure Box – $54 – Our best value and flagship product! Each box is packed to the max with value. All boxes contain our Big Adventure Box journal with creative prompts, pen, knapsack, comfort item, and 5-8 items.
Sibling’s Box (2 Kids) – $68 – This option includes personal items for each child: comfort item, journal, pen, and knapsack. The rest of the items are designed to promote playing together, and combining their mutual interests.
Ready to turn your next vacation an adventure with Big Adventure Box? Enter to win your own box. Giveaway ends March 14, 2018 at 11:59 p.m. Winner will be chosen randomly and notified by email. Winner will have 48 hours to respond.
Here’s what you need to do to win.
Spring Break is almost here! Leave me a comment telling me where you will be headed or where your next vacation will be. Don’t forget to visit Big Adventure Box and show them some love.