Have plans for Mother’s Day? Want to support a wonderful organization before getting pampered or getting your brunch on, how about running a race with me to support a great cause? On Sunday, May 12 I’ll be donning my running shoes and superhero gear again to take part in the Annual Cooley Run 5K & Super Hero Dash in Huntley. The family-friendly chip-timed 5K certified course run benefits Cancer Kiss My Cooley (CKMC), a local 501(c)3 charitable organization dedicated to raising community awareness towards pediatric brain tumors. With a partnership with Lurie Children’s Hospital, CKMC works to help fund two clinical trial research programs to help find a cure. They also grant Kisses of HOPE, special moments or experiences tailor-made for the patient and their family. How amazing, right?
Last year I had the opportunity to run the race and I had a great time. The relatively flat course takes you through Huntley neighborhoods then ends up going through part of the park, passing by the kids favorite Diecke Park (read more about it here.) It was a nice easy run!
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post for Cancer Kiss My Cooley (CKMC). All opinions expressed are entirely my own.
- Support a great cause! Help grant Kisses of HOPE for the patient and their family.
- Free Superhero Dash. Kids aged 4-8 can participate in a free Superhero dash competition where they can dress up as their favorite superhero. (around 9 a.m.)
- Great for the whole family. All ages can participate, plus it’s stroller-friendly!
- Get an awesome CKMC T-Shirt.
- Kids can also make a card for Mom at their craft table!
- They will be honoring past Kiss of Hopes who have passed away and those still with us.
- Win $100 cash prize each for the overall male and female winner.
When: Sunday, May 12th – Bring Mom for Mother’s Day, and then take her out to brunch! 5K will start at 8:05 a.m. (Superhero Dash will begin at approximately 9:00 am)
Where: Huntley Park District, 12015 Mill St., Huntley, IL (Betsey Warrington Park, near Stingray Bay)
Fee: $25 per person (until 4/28/19 – then $35). Or you can save $15 and register a team/family of 4 for just $85.
Packet Pickup: Morning of the race beginning at 6:30 a.m. at race location only. Race Day registration is available at the registration pavilion beginning at 6:30 a.m.