Features of the 2019 Silverado 1500 LT 2.7L Turbo:
Besides the fierce look of the Silverado, there are tons of features offered.
- 8-inch-diagonal color touchscreen display that is compatible with Apple CarPlay or Android Auto, so you can use your phone apps and functions right on your vehicle infotainment system.
- It was designed to be more fuel efficient (20 mpg city/23 mpg highway in rear-wheel-drive models) while offering the same capabilities of a truck.
- Built-in 4G LTE Wi-Fi and Apple CarPlay/Android Auto. They can have up to seven mobile devices at the same time, so your passengers can surf, post, stream and game at 4G LTE speed.
- Teen Driver Technology, an available built-in system that helps you coach your new driver — even when you’re not there. It lets you set a speed alert, a volume limit and more — and with the industry’s first and only in-vehicle report card, it’s easy to track your teen’s driving performance.
- Largest cargo volume of any full-size truck on the market. Also includes a higher-strength steel bed floor, more tie downs and more features like a power up/down tailgate, task lighting, and even a 120-volt outlet.
- Stop/start technology that automatically stops the engine in stop-and-go traffic for fuel efficiency.
- The 2019 Silverado was tested more stringently than any vehicle in the company’s history, with more than seven million miles of testing and validation to be accumulated before the first customer deliveries.
Off we go on our Lake Michigan Beach Roadtrip!
Once we carefully secured our luggage in the truck bed with lots and lots of rope and packed up the kids in the cab with car seats, we were all set to go! Thanks to the newly redesigned cab, the kids fit fine in the second row.
First stop on the Lake Michigan Beach Roadtrip – Indiana Dunes
We had an amazing time at along Indiana’s South Shore, including the newest National Park, Indiana Dunes National Park. We conquered the 3 Dune Challenge, climbing a total of 552 feet.
After our climb, we loved hopping in the truck bed, grabbing a cold drink from our cooler, and getting the sand out of our shoes. Such fun! And for once we didn’t have to worry about getting sand in the car!
After the challenge, we decided to do an easier hike. This time we headed to West Beach and tried out the Succession Trail. Luckily, it was mostly stairs and boardwalk.
After our two hikes of the day, the beach was calling our name. It was the perfect way to end our time at Indiana Dunes!
Looking for more things to do in the area? Find out what else we did during our Indiana South Shore trip here.
Second stop on the Lake Michigan Beach Roadtrip – South Haven, Michigan
We continued forth with our adventure hugging Lake Michigan’s coast. Our next stop – beautiful South Haven, Michigan. We “camped” out in a cabin at Covert/South Haven KOA and we were had a blast there. With amenities like a pool, jump pad, playgrounds, splash pad, and more we didn’t ever have to leave. But we are so glad that we did. Read all about our stay at Covert/South Haven KOA.
View this post on Instagram
Since we were in South Haven, we did what most visitors do — hang out at South Beach. We spent the better half of the day relaxing, splashing around, reading, and checking out the iconic South Haven Lighthouse.
What better way to end the day than grabbing ice cream at the popular Sherman’s Dairy. We thought it would be a treat to eat outside on the truck bed (do you see a pattern emerging?)
Hint: A kiddie sized scoop is more than large enough (even if you’re an adult!) If you don’t mind sharing, try the Sampler with your choice of 6 different scoops.
What a way to end our adventurous summer! We loved exploring these Lake Michigan beach towns, and having a Chevrolet Silverado was the icing on the cake. In fact, my husband is already begging to buy one!
Our thoughts on the 2019 Chevrolet Silverado:
- Navigating a “big truck” was not a problem. This full-size truck drove smoothly (even for ‘lil ‘ol me!) And it does have a quick pick up when accelerating.
- We would love to do more roadtrips with a truck. We would just prefer to have a hard or soft cover to protect our belongings.
- The touchscreen was really nice, along with it’s ability to pair up with our phones. We couldn’t find an easy way to use the car’s navigation without connecting to On-Star, so we just connected to our phone’s navigation. It turned out pretty sweet since we could view the navigation on the touch screen.
- The built-in Wi-Fi was so useful! We loved that convenience!
- Loved how fuel-efficient it was! We filled up just once during our entire adventure.