Our Country Christmas Lights Experience:
- Wisconsin’s largest. As one of Wisconsin’s largest light shows (over a million lights on 40 wooded acres!), we were particularly excited to experience it from the comfort of our car. Nothing like watching the holiday lights in your PJs!
We drove through Waukesha’s Countryside (basically Ingleside Hotel’s backyard) and not only saw lighted displays but cute little buildings with animatronics.
The best is really saved for last with a fun, lighted tunnel.
- Christmas Village. Afterward, we got out of our car and parked then went to Christmas Village to redeem the cookies and hot chocolate from our package.(Read more about the package below.)
What a fun building indeed! After grabbing our delicious cookies and hot chocolate, we sat down on the tables to enjoy them. Loved that you could also buy other things there. Christmas Village was also the home to a large model train layout. Any train fans will love seeing the trains chugging by.
- Plenty of photo opportunities. Don’t forget to bring your camera with you. You’ll want to snap photos every chance you get.
- Nativity display. We stopped by the building next door to find Streets of Bethlehem. Here, they hold a life-size Fontanini nativity display, the exact replica found at the Vatican. I’d suggest going here first before grabbing your hot chocolate and cookies because food and beverage are not allowed inside. It’s a small one-room building so it doesn’t take long to check out.
- To truly get the most out of your visit, stay at Ingleside Hotel and take advantage of their Country Christmas Package.We had the Country Christmas Getaway Package that included 1 large one-topping pizza, garlic bread, and 4 sodas from their in-house restaurant, Didi’s Supper Club. After a fun swim in the waterpark, the food was much appreciated. Plus, they delivered via room service.
- Water Park passes with a guest room are valid from 2 p.m. the day of check-in until the water park closes the day of check out.
- If staying overnight, they charge $200 and will be released after check out.
What a fun way to celebrate the holidays! Especially if you’re looking to get away. As always, we loved our visit to Ingleside Hotel, especially during the holidays.
Website: https://www.theinglesidehotel.com/ or thecountrychristmas.com
Location: 2810 Golf Road, Pewaukee, WI 53072
Tickets: Admission to Country Christmas: $15/carload Sunday-Thursday; $20/carload Friday, Saturday, and Holidays
Country Christmas Getaway Packages: Starts at $184. Available select nights November 23- December 31, 2018. Includes overnight accommodations in a premier guest room, 4 water park passes, one carload admission to Country Christmas,1 large one-topping pizza, 1 order of garlic bread and 4 soft drinks,4 cookies and 4 cups of hot chocolate inside Christmas Village at Country Christmas.