For a quick escape, we always consider Lake Geneva since it's only about an hour away from us. On our latest trip, we stayed at the refreshed Abbey Resort just outside of Lake Geneva. We were so impressed with the resort's offerings - so much that we didn't have to leave the resort at all.
Location: 269 Fontana Blvd. Fontana, WI 53125
Parking: Plenty of free parking
- Located in quiet Fontana, Wisconsin a few minutes drive away from Lake Geneva
- Fontana Beach is a walk or a really quick bike ride away
- Room tastefully decorated with cream colored paint, nice vaulted ceilings, and photos of boats.
- The decor in the room felt as if we were transported to the Hamptons. The boat theme was apparent but not overly done.
- Loved that the room had two exits - the regular entrance from the hotel and the other letting out to the balcony and marina.
- Gotta love the free wi-fi for the always-connected mommy!
- The Abbey Resort has just undergone a $50 million dollar renovation. Really loved the slick contemporary decor, and how they kept the classic architectural elements. In fact, the Abbey boasts one of the largest A-frames around!
- Borrowing bicycles from the activities center (free but there is a limited amount on stock so first come, first served). We loved that we could bike to the Fontana Beach. Even better that the resort gives free beach passes.
- I had the pleasure of speaking with the resort activities director, and was impressed with the activities listed. They have really outdone themselves. Some fun activities such as a summertime bonfire where you can make s'mores. There's also lawn games, disc golf, a movie room, or even watching a movie at their indoor pool.
- Board games all along a hallway Solarium Way. What a fun, yet simple concept!
- Fun outdoor pool perfect for toddlers with the zero depth entry and mushroom fountain.
- Delicious food at Fontana Grill - hello, prime rib buffet!
- Loved that staff people are trained to make balloon animals - at a whim a staff person made a balloon sword for the boys.
- If I was able to get away the Avani Spa looked heavenly with its own private pool/whirlpool area.
- Just walking around and exploring the resort - there's even a koi pond and beach on the grounds!
- Had their very own marina, so it was very convenient to rent a boat. This was THE highlight of our entire trip - cruising on the beautiful Geneva Lake with a VERY nice Cobalt.
- ...the beds weren't so high
- ...we were here longer!
The Abbey Resort was just what we needed – a quick getaway in a beautiful resort full of fun activities. When we visit Lake Geneva again, we will no doubt find ourselves at The Abbey Resort.
Read my entire review on
- Disclosure: Our family was provided a complimentary stay at The Abbey Resort. I was not required to express a particular point of view, and all opinions are my own.